Can You Smoke Water with E-cigarettes

smoking water 31 1024x938 Can You Smoke Water with E cigarettes

Yesterday Mark, a reader of e-cigarettepedia.com, asked me the following question:

I was wondering if it was possible to use plain water (or distilled water or perhaps a ‘home made’ mixture) in place of the e-liquid. I have seen the zero nicotine e-liquid.  I would assume that since it has zero nicotine, there is no risk of chemical addiction?  I was looking for information on atomizers, because I was trying to figure out if I could use plain water with one.

Mark’s question made me curious, so I did an experiment:

Experiment Using Water Instead of E-liquid for E-cigarettes

It’s important that I used an e-cigarette atomizer that had been used previously. Used atomizers have deposits of e-liquid that cannot be cleaned completely. And this affected my initial results.

In my experiment, I used a new cartridge, the one without e-liquid, and my super mini e-cigarette. I filled the cartridge with sink water instead of e-liquid. At first my e-cigarette worked as if it was filled with e-liquid—weaker taste, lots of smoke. But after 10 puffs, the smoke tasted more and more like pure water vapor. Ten more puffs and less and less vapor. It also became harder and harder to suck on the mouthpiece.

What Did These Results Mean?

• It is possible to use a dilute e-liquid since deposits of e-liquid in atomizer chamber and water from cartridge produced a lot of vapor.
  • You can’t smoke water with your e-cigarette. The e-cigarette might produce a very small amount of water vapor, and you have to suck on your e-cigarette  like a hungry baby at her mamma’s breast.

smoking water4 300x276 Can You Smoke Water with E cigarettes

lg share en Can You Smoke Water with E cigarettes

25 Responses to “Can You Smoke Water with E-cigarettes”

• chase says:

Can you “smoke” hash oil out of the e-cig?

• Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really recognise what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally seek advice from my website =). We could have a link alternate contract between us

• icigarette says:

Excellent website. Plenty of useful info here. I’m sending it to a few pals ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks on your sweat!

• kerahvi says:

Yes, i just tried it last nite, BUT it doesent works like an charm, i smoked it 6 tanks and nothing big happned

• Bill says:

Did the water ruin the E-cig?

• NOOO says:

Oh god, do NOT use hash oil in your E cig. The resin build up on that thing would be a nightmare to clean.

• Craig says:

Yes. Duh. Just like using a vaporizer built for weed.

• I seriously love your site.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you make this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m trying to create my own personal website and would love to find out where you got this from or what the theme is called. Thanks!

• Merel says:

The water sigaret is a million dollar invent…I’m looking for it too
    And that will be a true health cigarette…

• It’s actually a cool and useful piece of information. I’m happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

• dean says:

so if i buy e liquid and add water it works so i can safe money and save myself from overlimit nicotine dose(because i puff a lot-1 bottle only last for 1 and a half day)–comment please

• dean says:

and i think that carrot juice(contain natural beta carotene)-that good for healing lung cancer(the synthethic beta carotene make cancer worse)–can be add to e cig? just out of curiosity…. make we wonder.pleae comment.

• austin says:

hey man i’m just wondering have you tried anything else besides water? Maybe something with more taste, like some type of juice? I would like to hear your opinion on the subject, thanks.

• Sheilah Kuk says:

Not very nice Joe, it is legal to some these in public. If you choose want to, that’s your business! Everyone else is not an idiot for smoking them in public, you just don’t happen to agree with it.

• Skeptikel says:

I don’t find having some water vapor is really that bad. As it is, the e-liquids end up giving me a taste in my mouth, so it’s water does the same, I’m fine with that. Not idea, of course, I agree.

• Maddie says:

I have an e cgi but I ran out of e liquid. It’s not very easy for me to get liquid so could I use some other oil? Like vegetable oil or olive oil? I’m wondering if it would ruin my tank. I still want to be able to use e liquid tho

• Kadaren says:

Can you use Apple juice?

• Kadaren says:

Because im only 14 my parents know i have a E they know i smoke it they just wont go to town and buy the E liquid for me i ould even pay for it!

• goby says:

wow put some vodka in it im fed up not rilly jk but ima mix some bath salt eith watter se what happens

• Joe says:

Hi ,
    I am writing to you on behalf of Vapourlites.com; a UK electronic cigarette brand based in london.

The reason I am contacting you is because I am really interested in having examples of our electronic cigarette range featured on your site .

I would be delighted to send out a complimentary starter kit and disposable samples for review including the worlds smallest E-cig, The VL Micro http://www.vapourlites.com/vl-micro.html. I am on-hand to deliver copy, images, videos, and anything else you feel would help.

I certainly hope that this idea appeals to you; I look forward to your response and hearing your thoughts.

Warmest Regards,

Joe

• Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
    It’s the little changes that will make the most significant changes.
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

• BD says:

Basically, yes. Water alone does not work well, but I use a mixture of DISTILLED water with a small amount of either VG or PG with no nicotine. It makes good vapor and I just find it calming to puff on something at my desk. I prefer VG as I don’t trust PG. I know it’s in many processed foods, but farmers also give it to cattle to inhibit their metabolism of body fat. I don’t need to be a fat cow.

• PB says:

Hey BD, what do you mean by VG abd PG? I’d hate to be vaping something that might lower my metabolism

• Mirjam says:

Hi,
    I think i would love to have one just filled with water. But wont there go water into your lungs? Or is that not dangerous at all. Could some one answer me? Thanks.

• Kalin says:

You will be fine with water if it works. Nothing dangerous would go into your lungs, only water vapor.